The season of romance is upon us, and now that Paint the Town Red is underway here in Kennebunkport Maine, romantic restaurants are definitely on our minds! Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day, a special anniversary, or just celebrating a much needed winter getaway, there are many excellent spots to enjoy that intimate meal you envisioned for your getaway. Fortunately, there are many excellent restaurants that are sure to hit the spot!
Now, you’ve got a leg up by planning your intimate escape to a Maine Boutique hotel, but picking the perfect spot is like the cherry on top.
- The White Barn Inn is the ideal spot to truly wine and dine your special someone here on the Maine Coast. With an extensive wine list and luxe prix fixe menu, you’re sure to impress your special someone.
- On the Marsh Bistro is an excellent option for visitors looking for romantic Kennebunkport Maine restaurants, and now that they are also open for lunch, you can bring out all the stops at any time of day! The intimate dining rooms overlook the marsh, and their touches like black napkins for those wearing dark colors and attentive service are ideal for a special meal. Really looking to impress your other half? Request the owner’s table or one of their other specialty dining tables.
- Joshua’s Restaurant is another excellent choice, providing some of the freshest cuisine around. The really started the farm to table movement in Southern Maine, and they continue to utilize lots of local and organic ingredients no matter the season. Small dining rooms and candlelight make this antique farmhouse a special spot for an intimate dinner.
- Looking for dinner by the fire? Check out the authentic Italian fare at Ports of Italy in the heart of Dock Square.
- Old Vines Wine Bar is another wintertime favorite with a cozy atmosphere, great assortment of wines, and artfully created small plates menu.
- Village Tavern is a bit of a drive from the Maine Stay Inn, as it is located about 12 minutes out of town in West Kennebunk, but the incredible menu is worth the drive. Plus, you’d never be able to tell that this charming building was once a convenience store!
There’s no question that any of these restaurants would be a perfect spot for your romantic getaway, but there are many, many more great restaurants here in Kennebunkport Maine. It’s time to get planning that Valentine’s getaway!