This week brought glorious, spring-like weather, but sure enough, a nor’easter is expected tomorrow, but with February fading into March, spring is on it’s way – and that means it’s time to look forward to a spring vacation on the Maine Coast! After last fall’s hurricanes bringing devastation to some favorite Caribbean destinations, you can hit the beach right here in New England. Now, the weather might not be warm enough to work on your tan, but there is plenty to enjoy during a spring getaway to our Kennebunkport boutique hotel!
Unless you’re ready to don on a wetsuit, you probably won’t be spending much time in the surf during the springtime in Maine (although we can arrange for that through Lower Village’s Aquaholics Surf Shop), but you can drink in all of the beauty from the sand. However, there’s plenty more to the Maine Coast than barefoot walks on the beach, and here are some favorite ways to enjoy the Southern Maine Coast during the springtime:
- Walk the incredible sandy beaches that edge the coastline in and around Kennebunkport Maine
- Take a hike! Mt. Agamenticus in York is great once the snow is melted, but the raised trails at Laudholm Farm are ideal even when melting is underway. Plus if you time it right, you might even spot some fiddlehead ferns poking up!
- Check out the new pieces in the galleries of Dock Square and grab lunch in town overlooking the water
- Take a long lunch in Cape Porpoise (because it is vacation, and why no?) while taking in the views of Goat Island Lighthouse and the Cape Porpoise fish pier – you’ll probably watch local lobstermen unloading their daily hauls
- Retail therapy options abound at both the Kittery and Freeport Outlet stores, but don’t forget to “shop local” in Kennebunkport, because some of the most unique boutiques and charming shops are just steps from the Maine Stay Inn
- Just kick back and relax! A few nights in the lap of luxury is just what you need for a post-winter refresh! Lounge with a book, catch up on some movies or just kick back with a freshly baked cookie and a cup of tea. Or, after a day of exploring along the coast, slip into a soaking tub or curl up by the fire.
So instead of flying south this spring, head north to Kennebunkport and spend your spring vacation on the Maine Coast!