BESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbsNeeds Intro content
For your convenience, we have provided our inn policies for your review while planning your stay at Maine Stay Inn and Cottages.
- Seasonal Schedule: Peaceful Season at The Maine Stay begins November 22, 2017 and ends on April 30, 2018. Shoulder Season runs May 1 until June 30, 2018. Premier Season extends from July 1 through October 18, 2018. Shoulder season resumes October 19 and runs until November 22, 2018, when the peaceful season returns for the remainder of the year, except for certain holidays and special events. Weekdays are Monday through Thursday nights. A few rooms may handle more guests than the quoted occupancy level. Please call us for specifics 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM at (207) 967-2117, or leave a message on our answering machine.
- Confirmation: We will email, mail or fax you a confirmation as soon as we receive your deposit. Should you not receive a confirmation, it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure we have correct information on file. We make every effort to honor your room request, but very occasionally unforeseen circumstances might require room reassignment.
- Cancellations: We are a small business and cancellations affect us significantly. We will gladly refund your money if you cancel your reservation more than 14 days prior to your arrival, less a cancellation fee per room. Refunds for cancellations made within 14 days of arrival, or before scheduled departure date, are given if we are able to re-rent the room. If any full or partial cancellation or change of dates is made within 14 days, regardless of the reason, you are financially responsible for the entire reservation, unless we can re-book your room. Please note you are always welcome to send a friend or family member in your place. We strongly encourage guests to purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance (please see below) for protection against any unforeseen obstacles to travel. Reservations for both weekends of Christmas Prelude are subject to a six-week cancellation period and cancellation fee. Extended stays of five nights or longer between July 1 and October 15 will be subject to a 30 day cancellation policy. Groups occupying five or more room nights are also subject to a 30 day cancellation policy.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: We understand that cancellations are often beyond your control, and, for this reason, we recommend purchasing cancellation insurance for your peace of mind. You can can enroll yourself at any time through Allianz.
- Deposit: A full deposit is required on all one-night stays. A 50% deposit is required on multiple night stays. You may use a credit card for your convenience which will be charged the day you make your reservation.
- Payment: Payment of your balance is due upon check-in. We accept VISA, Master Card, and Discover. We strongly prefer not to take American Express. Cash is also welcomed. Current Maine Lodging Taxes apply and are subject to change. We accept third party gift certificates with some limitations. Please call before booking for our approval.
- Minimum Stays: Minimum stays may be required during peak periods. We have a two-night minimum stay on most summer weekends and holidays.
- Policies: For the comfort and safety of our guests we are a non-smoking inn and have no facilities for pets.
- Internet Access: Wireless internet access is available for any guest traveling with their laptops.
- Telephones: In keeping with the tranquil atmosphere of the inn, our guest rooms do not have telephones. There are two phones dedicated for guest use in the main house.
- Additional Charges: Groups reserving three or more rooms for 2 nights or guests reserving six nights or more will be subject to a .50 per room per night gratuity. You will be held responsible for any damages to our property beyond those incurred with normal use. If smoking is suspected, you will be charged 0 for the cleaning of all upholstery, carpeting, and draperies. A few rooms can handle extra people. Please call the inn for advice. There is always an extra person charge of per person per night. We offer no cribs or cots so we can only handle additional guests in rooms that have a sleep sofa.
- Check-in/out: Check-in is between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Special arrangements for late check-ins can be made if we are contacted ahead of time. If you plan a later arrival, please contact us for instructions. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Office Hours: Guests arriving may check in 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM and those heading home may check out at the desk 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM, but concierge and front desk services are available 24 hours. Special arrangements can be made with us if guests are arriving after the check-in hours. Kindly let us know if you are delayed.
- Beach Access: We are less than a mile from the nearest sandy beach. Included in your room rental charges, we provide beach chairs, towels and umbrellas. Beach parking passes for the Kennebunk beaches are available at our front desk.