Although many visitors to Kennebunkport ME are bummed that the New England Patriots won’t be strutting their stuff during this weekend’s Superbowl game, I know that won’t squelch their passion for watching the big game. You can be sure that there will be lots of viewing parties across town this Sunday, and while some will choose to watch from the comfort of their own rooms or sitting by the fire in the living room of the main house, there are tons of Kennebunkport restaurants to watch with a gang. Every year Federal Jack’s BrewPub draws a big crowd for Superbowl Sunday, and this year certainly won’t be an exception, because of its large number of big screen televisions, beer brewed on site, and extensive munchies on the menu. Now Fed’s might take the cake for the number of televisions and largest bar, but Alisson’s Restaurant is the closest spot to our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast. So even though Fed’s is certainly within easy walking distance, folks planning to indulge in game-time noshing (think fried goodies like chicken tenders, potato skins, and wings galore) that they’ll wash down with a few brewskis might choose Alisson’s instead… or even hop from one to the other during a commercial break (not that anyone would want to miss those!). But these big guys aren’t the only Kennebunkport restaurants to catch the game. Both Pedro’s and The Ramp have great bars for watching sports on television, but the food offerings here, while less characteristic of your neighbor’s Superbowl party, are truly excellent. Plus, who wouldn’t want a great margarita while watching this great match up? So don’t stress because Kennebunkport Maine has tons of great spots to watch the Superbowl this Sunday!
Posts Tagged ‘sports bars’
January 28th, 2014 by Judi Hauer
October 24th, 2013 by Judi Hauer
I am probably breaking some kind of cardinal rule in New England by writing this blog while the Red Sox are playing in the World Series, but I realized that not everyone knows where to find sports bars or similar settings in Kennebunkport. And while I enjoy watching the game all curled up in a cozy bed or sofa, I know that a lot of people live for the group dynamic when lots of people are cheering together. Given how fanatical New Englanders are about their Red Sox, there are more than a few sports bars to grab a drink and cheer for your team. St. Louis fans, just keep your jerseys under your jacket. When you’re visiting, you won’t just be confined to your room or the living room at our Kennebunkport bed and breakfast, so here’s a selection of great local spots to cheer for your favorite team (as long it’s one from New England – kidding, kind of):
- Federal Jack’s is definitely a favorite spot, because with a dozen or so big screen TVs you’re sure to get your fill. Plus, as the home of shipyard ales (with seven different homemade brews tapped directly from the brewery below), and a huge assortment of other draft beers, you’ll find just the thing to quench your thirst! And with their big menu of traditional pub food (and more sophisticated entrees as well) there’s lots to satiate you, even if the game goes into extra innings.
- Alisson’s Restaurant, located at the very center of Dock Square, just a stone’s throw from the Maine Stay Inn, features quite a few TVs and a great bar. Plus, their assortment of finger food is just as extensive as that at Fed’s.
- You’ll find a small gathering of local folks at Pier 77‘s the Ramp, which, while only offering 2 viewing screens, has a great homey atmosphere. Looking around, you will find the walls and ceilings plastered with vintage sports memorabilia, which just adds to the viewing experience. And with standout food choices, this the Ramp is a great spot for the non sports fan and the enthusiast alike.
- Looking for something a little different? Check out Pedro’s Mexican Restaurant in Lower Village Kennebunk. The food’s pretty stellar (and not at all like commercialized Mexican eateries) and their margaritas are out of this world. So pull up a seat at the bar and enjoy!
- While the bar areas are not too big at Tia’s Topside and Ryan’s Corner House, both are sure to draw a good crowd for the World Series. Plus, since you can walk from the Maine Stay, you can grab a beer or two and not worry about hopping in the car.
And, really, this is just the tip of the iceberg! So instead of wishing you had an “in” for World Series tickets, you can sit back, enjoy a drink and some finger food, and watch the big game in Kennebunkport.
June 24th, 2013 by Judi Hauer
With temps reaching into the low 90s today, it’s hard to believe that it could really still be hockey season, but the Stanley Cup Finals are still in full swing, and many guests are choosing to stay cool while watching the game in Kennebunkport Maine! Federal Jack’s BrewPub is always a great choice, and with the most televisions and the largest bar space, Fed’s is sure to have the most vibrant crowd. That said, you’ll certainly find a great vibe at Alisson’s Restaurant, which is the closest spot to our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast. With lots of fun menu items that are perfect for game-time noshing (think fried goodies like chicken tenders, potato skins, and wings galore), both Federal Jack’s and Alisson’s are close enough that you can walk home after enjoying a few brewskis or to relocate back to the comfort of your room during commercial breaks and between periods without missing a moment of playing time. But these big guys aren’t the only Kennebunkport ME restaurants to catch the game. Both Pedro’s and The Ramp have great bars for watching sports on television, but the food offerings here are truly excellent. Plus, who wouldn’t want a great margarita while watching the Bruins on a warm summer night? Despite the plethora of viewing venues available, many visitors might choose to lay low, watching the game in the comfort and privacy of their own room, enjoying the air conditioning (or if they’re like me, the great evening breeze) with their choice beverage and favorite ice cream flavor. Don’t worry – you can pick up a pint at a shop in Dock Square or hit up any of the amazing ice cream, gelato, or frozen yogurt shops just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Maine Stay Inn. But wherever you choose to enjoy the big game, you’ve got lots of options for watching your favorite sports in Kennebunkport Maine!