Reservations and Policies
- Seasonal Schedule: Peaceful Season at the Maine Stay begins November 18, 2012 and ends onMay 19, 2013. Shoulder Season runs May 20,2013 until June 30, 2013. Premier Season extends from July 1 through October 14, 2013. Shoulder season resumes October 15 and runs until November 17, when the peaceful season returns for the remaining of the year, except for certain Holidays and special events. Weekdays are Monday through Thursday nights.
- Confirmation: We will e-mail, mail or fax you a confirmation as soon as we receive your deposit. Should you not receive one, it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure we have correct information on file.
- Cancellations: We are a small business and cancellations affect us significantly. We will gladly refund your money if you cancel your reservation more than 14 days prior to your arrival, less a $25.00 cancellation fee per room. Refunds for cancellations made within 14 days of arrival, or before scheduled departure date, are given if we are able to re-rent the room. If any full or partial cancellation or change of dates is made within 14 days, regardless of the reason, you are financially responsible for the entire reservation, unless we can re-book your room. Please note you are always welcome to send a friend or family member in your place. We strongly encourage guests to purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance for protection against any unforseen obstacles to travel. Reservations for both weekends of Christmas Prelude are subject to a 6 week cancellation period. Extended stays of 5 nights or longer between July 1 and October 15 will be subject to a 30 day cancellation policy. Groups occupying 5 or more room nights are also subject to a 30 day cancellation policy.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: We understand that cancellations are often beyond your control and for this reason we recommend purchasing cancellation insurance for peace of mind. We now can provide affordable cancellation policies to all our guests. You can register with us when booking your reservation or can enroll yourself at any time through iTravelInsured.
- Deposit: A full deposit is required on all 1 night stays. A 50% deposit is required on multiple night stays. You may use a credit card for your convenience which will be charged the day you make your reservation.
- Payment: Payment of your balance is due upon check-in. We accept VISA, Master Card, American Express and Discover. Cash is also welcomed. Current Maine Lodging Taxes apply and are subject to change. We accept some third party gift certificates, but must be notified at time of booking that you will pay in full or part with any gift certificate.
- Minimum stays: Minimum stays may be required during peak periods. We have a two-night minimum stay on most summer weekends and holidays.
- Policies: For the comfort and safety of our guests we are a non-smoking inn and have no facilities for pets. Accommodations in the main house and Cottage Suite #1 are not appropriate for children under twelve years old. The dining room is also not appropriate for children under 12 during breakfast, although they are welcome at any other time. For this reason, guests traveling with children will receive breakfast delivered to their private breakfast room.
- Internet Access: We have complimentary wireless internet access available for any guest traveling with their laptops.
- Telephones: In keeping with the tranquil atmosphere of the inn, our guest rooms do not have telephones. There are two phone lines dedicated for guest use in the main house.
- Additional Charges: Most rooms are quoted at double occupancy rates, and extra person charges are $35.00 per night per person regardless of age. Rates quoted for Cottages #6 are for four persons. We are a family friendly vacation destination and have cribs available for a one time set-up fee of $10. Cribs may be used only in cottages #4,6, and #8-#11. Sofa beds can be set up for a $15 service and linens fee. We have limited booster seats/high chairs available, so please request upon booking. You will be held responsible for any damages to our property beyond those incurred with normal use. If smoking is suspected, you will be charged $250 for the cleaning of all upholstery, carpeting, and draperies. Groups reserving 5 or more rooms will be subject to a $5 per room per night gratuity.
- Check-in/out: Check-in is between 3:00 and 7:00 PM. Special arrangements for late check-ins can be made if we are contacted ahead of time. If you plan a later arrival, please contact us for instructions. Early arriving guests are welcome to check-in if their room is ready. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Office Hours: Office hours are usually 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM (earlier in the quiet season). Special arrangements can be made with us if guests are arriving after the office closes. Kindly let us know if you are delayed.
- Beach Access: We are approximately 1.5 miles from the nearest sandy beach. Included in your room rental charges, we provide beach chairs, towels and umbrellas. Beach parking passes for Kennebunk and Kennebunkport, ME are available at our front desk.
"I recommend the Maine Stay Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway."