Columbus Day Weekend is upon us and with it comes some of incredibly fun fall events to enjoy in Kennebunkport. The seasonal festivities are already underway, so if you can sneak out of work early, go for it! Playing hooky from work Friday? We won’t tell! But if you find yourself in town during the morning or afternoon hours, don’t forget that you can actually tourthe Wedding Cake
House instead of just admiring it on the outside. And with amazing weather in the forecast for tomorrow, hopping aboard one of the local multi-masted sailboats would be a great way to start off a special weekend escape. Of course, there are always a plethora of activities and events to make your visit to a Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast especially enjoyable, but in case you need some extra inspiration, here is a selection of some fun things happening in the area this weekend:
- Catch a show at the Ogunquit Playhouse! The Buddy Holly Show is a Rock ‘N Roll musical sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces.
- Looking for music that’s a little more “low key”? Check out the organ and trumpet duo at Christ Church in downtown Kennebunk.
- All weekend long you can enjoy the arts scene of Kennebunkport with the Maine Women In the Arts Fall Fine Art Show. Just around the corner from the Maine Stay Inn, you’ll find it at the Masonic Hall, across the street from our local Post Office. Keep your eyes peeled for some of the artists whose work graces our walls!
- Fall Farm Fun Day in Ogunquit brings all of the best things about fall in New England to one place. Go for a hayride, paint some spooky pumpkins, and even make your own scarecrow!
- Get in touch with nature at Laudholm Farm at the Wells Reserve as you enjoy a guided walk. Experience the glorious fall foliage up close and personal and learn something about the miracles of foliage in New England!
All of us are looking forward to a spectacular fall weekend and fall foliage season and can’t wait to share it with you!