For some folks, coming up with ideas to add romance to your Maine vacation is a piece of cake, while for others, it’s as daunting as explaining particle physics. But no matter which camp you fall into, there is no better place to enjoy a romantic getaway than Kennebunkport Maine, with its assortment of incredible restaurants and breathtaking vistas. Nevertheless, I am going to share five of my favorite intimate adventures in the area (and get your mind out of the gutter – they’re all totally PG):
- Have a quiet picnic lunch. Seriously, what could be more relaxing that picking up a gourmet lunch at one of our favorite markets with high-end prepared foods and layering on a bottle of wine and an assortment of cheese? Nada, that’s what I think! And fortunately for us at the Kennebunkport Maine Stay Inn, there are plenty of quiet, tucked-away spots just a stone’s throw from the inn.
- Choose the perfect room. Think about a favorite color or whether you (or rather your special someone) likes a fireplace or a whirlpool tub. Those little details can go a long way in setting the right tone for your Maine vacation. And consider one of our Cottage Suites, because the option for having breakfast delivered to your door and indulging in breakfast in bed is something you can’t really have at home. But if you need guidance, the staff of our Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast is happy to help!
- Take schooner or sailboat ride. Kennebunkport is fortunate to have several companies that offer trips on large, multi-masted schooners, and they all provide relaxing cruises along the coastline for small groups. There’s little worry when it comes to seasickness, because the captains won’t go out if the water is rough. So sit back, relax and enjoy each other’s company while drinking in the views of the Maine coastline.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of Kennebunkport’s many excellent restaurants. At the Maine Stay, we’re happy to help guide you to a spot with just the right vibe, whether that means dining by candlelight or something fresh and modern.
- Catch a sunset! There’s something so romantic about watching the sky light up in the evening right by your partner’s side, and Kennebunkport is known for some pretty spectacular displays. Dock Square, with its historic facades and waterfront location, is often an ideal backdrop for a beautiful sunset, but there are also plenty of quiet coves along the coast that offer seclusion and a place for lounging (or, if you’re feeling creative, a great spot for a sunset picnic!).
So seize the opportunity to inject a little romantic spirit into your Maine Bed and Breakfast experience, but keep in mind that the staff at the Maine Stay has lots of great ideas (okay, not all of them are original, as plenty of guests have given us some great ones over the years), and they are all happy to share with you. Happy planning!