I hate to admit it, but I am a teeny bit biased – I just love BnBs, so staying at a Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast for a summer vacation would seem like a natural choice, but it turns out that there are plenty of folks who have only stayed in big hotels. For them, choosing to visit a B&B would stretch their comfort zone. But as I enjoyed a leisurely jog through town today, I passed the only big hotels in town, and it got me thinking about why choosing a Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, like the Maine Stay Inn, is the logical choice for a summertime (or anytime) getaway. By the time I got back, I had pared my list down to five main reasons (and not in any particular order):
- Location, location, location! The fact is, that because B&Bs are smaller than hotels, you’ll get much closer to “the action” -
in Kennebunkport you’d be able to walk to shops, galleries, restaurants, and the waterfront from a bed and breakfast, but not if you chose one of the few area hotels.
- Top-notch service. Years ago, a Kennebunkport bed and breakfast might have been just that, but not today! Innkeepers and staff members are dedicated to providing visitors with the best service possible, without being overbearing. Not to worry, there won’t be any grannies pounding on your door, reminding you to leave room for the holy ghost here!
- The food! At a big hotel in town, you’re lucky to find a continental style smattering of cold muffins or pastries that you can pretty much guarantee haven’t been baked fresh, but at the Maine Stay Inn, gourmet breakfast will greet you daily! Honestly, what could be better than waking up to the smell of freshly baking breads or rolls? Plus, close proximity to great restaurants means that you’ll have easy access for the meals we don’t serve.
- Peace and quiet… shhhh! Let’s keep this our little secret, but despite being just a few short blocks from the heart of downtown, the Maine Stay sits on nearly two acres of land, which means that the grounds are nice and quiet. Perfect for relaxing, reading, or socializing with your family!
- Unique accommodations. Who wants to have the same experience as the guy at the end of the breakfast table? Not me, that’s for sure! So with 17 different rooms, suites, and cottages, you can be sure to have something to fit your style and the experience (and price) you are looking for!
So this summer, the choice is clear – try a Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast for your summer vacation!