Tis the season to pull out all the stops when it comes to planning your romantic getaway, and Kennebunkport Maine restaurants never fail to impress. Now, you’ve surely earned bonus points for planning this intimate escape to a Maine Bed and Breakfast, but picking the perfect spot for a special meal is sure to be the hot fudge to your ice cream sundae – it’s a critical team player. However, over the last few years, I have really come to recognize that everyone has a different take on what makes a romantic evening, so I will try to provide something for everyone (though, Dad, you’re out of luck – pizza and beer while watching CSPAN is not going to make the cut).
- The White Barn Inn is basically the epitome of “wining and dining” in Kennebunkport Maine. Their wine list is more than extensive and their prix fixe menu offers a wine pairing option. The atmosphere, while very formal, is certainly intimate
with cozy tables, low lights, deep colors, and lots of candles. But gents, if you aren’t comfortable in a jacket, pass on this one, as they are required.
- On the Marsh Bistro is an excellent option for visitors looking for romantic Kennebunkport Maine restaurants, but at about half the price of their aforementioned competitor. The charming dining rooms here overlook the marsh and feature endless nooks for enjoying your evening out with your other half without being distracted by other diners. If the ocean calls, consider the Cape Arundel Inn, whose vibe is much more airy, but equally as impressive.
- Joshua’s Restaurant is another wonderful choice, providing some of the freshest cuisine around. They utilize lots of local and organic ingredients, but the setting in an antique farmhouse with wide plank floors and open hearths make this a no-brainer for romantic dining.
- Sometimes, though, your evening for two just means a night out with excellent food and an atmosphere conducive for eye-gazing and quiet whispering. If that’s the case, check out Bandaloop Restaurant and Grissini (where I am particularly fond of the atmosphere in their lower level) – plus, both are just a hop, skip, and a jump from our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast.
- Don’t want the night to end? Consider capping it off with a stop at Old Vines Wine Bar, which offers delectable tapas style dishes and an extensive wine list. The vibe is amazing and definitely right on the mark when it comes to setting the mood for a romantic getaway.
While any one of these incredible Kennebunkport Maine Restaurants would be ideal for a romantic evening, this list was certainly not exhaustive. So get out and explore the awesome options in the area and get crackin’ on your Valentine’s getaway plans!