Since the weather in New England has been uncharacteristically nice for this time of year, it’s natural to second-guess your beachy getaway to the tropics and consider spending February Vacation Week in Kennebunkport. Okay, that might be a stretch. But because it’s been so warm, you’ve probably spent a lot less time thinking about vacation than you normally would (at least I have!),
and now it’s Presidents’ Day. Vacation week is here! And even if school vacation week isn’t something you get off from work, the weather we’re expecting this week warrants playing hooky. Honestly, though, who would expect it to reach into the 50s on three consecutive days in February? So pack your bags and head to our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast!
But since I promised to include some ideas for how to spend your time this week, here goes:
- Take a walk on one of the amazing beaches that dot the coastline in and around Kennebunkport Maine.
- Hike Mt. Agamenticus in York – there’s no snow, so the trails should be clear and quiet.
- Peek into one of the galleries in town or the community arts center, River Tree Arts.
- Enjoy a long lunch in town and watch the boats slowly meander up the river. Or try an afternoon in Cape Porpoise, and you’ll surely catch more than just a glimpse of the lobsterers bringing in their hauls.
- Shop ’til you drop – there are crazy deals to be had at both the Kittery and Freeport Outlet stores. But don’t forget to “shop local” in Kennebunkport, because not only is it great for the American economy, but they have some of the best deals around!
- Just relax! Visiting our Maine Bed and Breakfast might be just what you need – quiet time to read or nap, watch movies or play board games. Take a soak in one of our jacuzzi tubs or just lounge in front of a fire – not that you’ll need it much this week!
So when considering what to do with your time off this week, think twice about flying south and head to Kennebunkport for a February Vacation Week that is just what the doctor ordered!