Because we try to offer as much flexibility to guests of our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast as possible, there is sometimes a little confusion about how we handle your first meal of the day. So let’s take a few moments to get the facts straight!
- Timing Providing all our guests with a relaxing and enjoyable dining
experience is incredibly important, so we stagger seatings to give everyone a chance to enjoy a meal without being hurried. In the dining room of our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, we typically offer two seatings (8:30 and 9:30), but occasionally just have one around 9 – we’ll let you know in advance. Those staying in our Cottage Suites (with the exception of #1) all have private breakfast rooms, and thus have the option of having their breakfasts delivered to their door. It’s the same meal served inside, but just wrapped up in a wicker basket and brought to you! Delivery times are around 9 and around 10. If those options don’t suit your schedule, we can always provide a cold breakfast (in the dining room or delivered) for you to eat at your leisure – think homemade granola, fruit, juice, etc. For the non-morning people among you, fruit, juice, granola, and the baked good of the day (if applicable) is available in the dining room until 10:30. But for any of these options, we need to know before the office closes at night so we can be ready for you!
- Food allergies Our family has been managing food allergies for well over a decade, as our daughter, Johanna, has Celiac Disease. Yes, that means providing gluten-free meals is our specialty! We are happy to work around nearly any allergy, but need to know a week in advance so that we can plan adequately. It is, however, important to remember that, as with most dining establishments, our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast is not entirely allergen free (flours, nuts, oils, etc. are on the premise), so while we take every precaution to ensure they aren’t in your food, we can never guarantee that cross-contamination cannot occur.
- Other dietary restrictions Guests often visit our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast who don’t have food allergies but require other dietary modifications, which we are more than happy to accommodate, as long as they provide ample warning. Because we plan our menus a week in advance, we request that you give us at least 7 days notice (but preferably when booking) of your special needs. While we can’t guarantee that you will be served the same meal as everyone else, we’ll do our best to make sure you don’t leave hungry!
- Families We absolutely love to have families visit our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, but unfortunately accommodations in the main house are not appropriate for little ones under 12. Fortunately, the Cottage Suites offer ample options that function much better for families! And because they have breakfast rooms, breakfast will be delivered to their door (or in nice weather to dining sets in the backyard). This works best for everyone, because kiddos can eat in their jammies or swimsuits and no one has to worry about “indoor voices,” navigating the not-so-kid-friendly dining room furniture, or behaving in the dining room.
- Menu The menu at our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast changes daily, providing guests with a mix of sweet and savory entrees. It is our goal to ensure that everyone starts their day off right with a hearty, balanced meal. So that means you’re not going to have muffins or pastries served with your pancakes - think fruit, protein (eggs or meat or both), complex carbs, and sometimes some veggies too! While we wish that our 1860 Victorian had a palatial kitchen that allowed us to cook to order, the fact is that it doesn’t. The main house was actually built without a kitchen! So since our 7′ x 7′ doesn’t really lend itself to ordering off a menu, it is extremely important that you let us know about your needs in advance!