Though the days are still perfect for hitting the beach in Kennebunkport Maine, the nights are beginning to take on an autumn chill, but fortunately there are plenty of things to do in the area, no matter the season. But in case you need some direction when it comes to structuring your day’s activities, here is a peak at some of the great things going on in the area!
- Check out the 18th annual antique car show in Old Orchard Beach this
Friday night – it will be an evening of entertainment an festivities not to be missed! Enthusiasts might also enjoy Saturday’s antique engine show at the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport Maine.
- If you’d like to stay closer to our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, pop in to Cherie’s Bistro in downtown Kennebunk for a wine tasting before heading over to the Hive, where an evening of live bluegrass music awaits.
- Saturday, September 17th is Open Lighthouse Day in Maine! It’s the perfect opportunity to check out some of the incredible buildings and learn about their important history – plus, the views aren’t anything to sneer at! But be sure to contact each Maine Lighthouse to find out their hours and availability.
- Saturday also brings the opening of the Maine Craft Guild Fine Craft Show in Scarborough. With 50 high quality crafters from all over the state, you’re sure to find something special!
- Both the craft show and antique train show will continue on Sunday, but animal lovers might forgo those awesome events for the Horse Show in Kennebunk!
- A Plein Air painting demonstration and lunch will be held on Monday at the Cape Arundel Inn. What could be better than painting while overlooking the Atlantic?
- On Tuesday, head over to Laudholm Farm for an educational program and social reception about Oystercatchers – and no, I don’t mean diners frequenting a raw bar!
- Wednesday, September 22 marks the official end of summer (but not of glorious weather in Kennebunkport Maine!), so grab an early dinner and drop by Laudholm Farm for a night of star exploration. They’ll provide the telescopes!
As usual, this is just a brief recap of some of the outstanding upcoming events in Kennebunkport and the surrounding communities. So don’t miss out and take advantage of the amazing weather, the last full week of summer, and these fun activities!