August is a busy month in everyone’s lives, and the calendar of events in Kennebunkport Maine is no exception! So in between catching some rays at the beach, dining at our amazing restaurants, and checking out the new products in the adorable shops that Kennebunkport is famous for, here is a peek at some of the things that aren’t to be missed:
- Philip H. Mathews Memorial Lobster Bake on Sunday, August 20. What’s better than a summer lobster dinner
with fireworks and dancing?
- Enjoy a “Life Between the Tides” walk at the beautiful Laudholm Trust in Wells (10 am, free admission) on Monday morning.
- Tuesday also brings fantastic activities, starting with a 5k run through Kennebunk and Arundel. The Run for the Fallen starts at 9 am and honors all the soldiers lost since 9/11. If running’s not your cup of tea, learn about horses at the Nonantum Resort, as Blixx horses Lexxie and Fritz interact with the audience. Itching to explore the Kennebunkport Maine coastline? Don’t miss out on kayaking the Little River Estuary through Laudholm Trust (reservations required).
- On Wednesday, head south to Ogunquit for adventures in the arts – gallery tours, exhibits, and workshops. Or head north for a horticultural walk at Scarborough Marsh or Music in the Park in Biddeford.
- Thursday brings another awesome guided walk through Laudholm Trust, as well as a celebration of its 25th anniversary. The 38th Annual Sidewalk Art Show and Sale commences in Ogunquit with over 70 artists – not to be missed!
But like I said, this is just a peek – it’s up to you to decide what to do on your vacation to Kennebunkport Maine!