July 4th weekend is full of fun and excitement in Kennebunkport Maine. But there’s plenty of opportunity for just relaxing at the beach or reading a good book while lounging in our backyard hammock if you are in need of a quiet escape. Of course, at our Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast, we are always happy to help plan your day or just a single excursion, but here’s a peak into some of the great activities happening in the area this weekend!
- 36th Annual Craft Fair on the Kennebunkport Maine town green. Don’t miss this! With over 80 juried crafters, an assortment of live music, and food, this is an event everyone should attend. Just steps from our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, you can check out the fair just after breakfast or as a post-teatime activity, as it runs from 10 to 4 (Saturday).
- Interested in a lighthouse tour? Check out the smallest lighthouse in Maine, Wood Island Light of Biddeford
Pool. Tours leave at 10 and 11 am – reservations encouraged (Saturday).
- Lobster Roll lunch and yard sale at the First Congregational Church in Kennebunkport Maine. A perfect way to spend a summer afternoon (Saturday)!
- Head to York Harbor for evening fireworks after dinner. 9 p.m (Saturday).
- Bring the kids to Ever After Mustang Rescue in Biddeford for free pony rides and tours (1-4 pm Sunday).
- Before grabbing dinner, enjoy an outdoor concert at the Colony Hotel in Kennebunkport Maine. Free admission, but donations will proceed Graves Memorial Library, just steps from our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast (Sunday).
- Fireworks at 9 in Sanford or 9:30 on Short Sands Beach in York (Sunday).
- On Monday, enjoy a bike parade and carnival at Goose Rocks Beach in the morning, and in the evening, head to Kennebunk Beach for the best fireworks display around! Plus, best of all, you’ll be able to see the displays from Wells and Ogunquit!
This July 4th weekend in Kennebunkport Maine is sure to be a blast, so if you missed out, make sure to reserve early for next year. Start the summer off right with a stellar trip to Southern Maine!