Kennebunkport Maine is a wonderful town to visit at any time of year, especially once the weather has warmed. And with temps reaching into the high 80s this week, June is certainly one of those times! Granted, I might be a little biased, but there are millions of reasons that Kennebunkport Maine is the ideal spot for a getaway. Here’s a peek at my top ten:
10. June means lower rates and better deals. Our Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast offers incredible reduced rates during the entire month (with the creation of a new “Shoulder Season” starting at just $169 per night), and many area activities and restaurants offer incentives to travelers (and residents) – follow us on Twitter for retweets of the best deals around.
9. Cool nights, and I don’t just mean fun! In June, evenings are generally a little cooler than they are in July and August, which is great, because that means you’ll be very comfortable when snuggling with your special someone in front of your gas fireplace. Plus, it’s the perfect temperature for shorts and a light sweater – my favorite!
8. Restaurants are less crowded, which is always a win-win situation. Smaller crowds mean better service and shorter (or non-existent) waits at your favorite Kennebunkport Maine restaurants.
7. Parking at Parsons Beach. With barely a dozen spots to park, we only dare to send summer guests on bikes, early in the morning or near sunset. But in June, you’ll be able to claim that primo location.
6. Soft-shell lobsters. While the restaurants might tell you that hard shell lobsters are the thing to choose, I find that the soft-shell variety tend to have sweeter meat. Plus they’re easier to break into – no crackers required!
5. Great flowers. It might not seem like an important thing, but when all the gardens in Kennebunkport Maine are in bloom, there’s no prettier sight!
4. Nunan’s Lobster Hut and the Clam Shack are open! ‘Nuff said.
3. Breakfast on the porch. There’s nothing more relaxing that dining on our wraparound porch each morning, listening to the birds chirp and the horse-drawn carriage clop by.
2. Peaceful beaches. There’s ample opportunity to enjoy the beautiful sands that grace Kennebunkport Maine shorelines, and in June there’s little risk of tripping over abandoned sand toys.
1. It’s beautiful! And I mean spectacularly beautiful. But you will just have to visit and see for yourself, and, of course, create your very own “Tope Ten” list!