Though tomorrow’s forecast looks a little on the wet side, the upcoming weekend predictions for Kennebunkport Maine look bright. So while many visitors and locals are likely to hit the beach or explore the amazing outdoor activities that abound (can you say paddleboarding, surfing, sailing or kayaking?), others might like a little help picking out some distinctly Maine activities to leisurely structure their days. With that in mind, here’s a peek at some of the awesome events going on in town and in neighboring communities!
- Tomorrow night marks the start of Old Orchard Beach’s weekly fireworks display. Don’t dine too late in Kennebunkport Maine, or you might miss ‘em! 9:45 pm next to the pier.
- La Kermesse Franco-American Festival at Mechanics Park in downtown Biddeford begins Friday afternoon and concludes on Sunday. This celebration of Franco-American culture welcomes everyone and provides fun and excitement for the whole family. Enjoy the plethora of food vendors (including a beer fest), parades, music, and games to help top off an amazing weekend!
- Looking to stay a little closer to home? Check out the Maine Playwright Series at River Tree Arts, just over the Kennebunkport Maine bridge. This week’s reading is Volcanic in Origin and your feedback to the playwright will help in the final production of the play – how cool is that?! Tickets are $12 at the door.
- Outdoorsy folks are sure to enjoy the vernal pool and wetlands walk at Mt. Agamenticus in York on Saturday. From 10 to noon (perfect timing for after breakfast!), learn about the endangered species that are home to this area and explore the highest concentration of vernal pools in all of Maine.
- Love the animal pastels that grace the walls of Cottage Suite 6? Then head over to Santora Fine Art in Kennebunk for her 5th annual open house. Enter for a chance to win one of her incredible paintings!
- On Sunday, make sure not to miss the 11th annual Wells Antique Show and Sale at Laudholm Farm. 75 exhibitors are sure to bring incredible works from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries – shop away!
Options about for making your weekend getaway extra special, whether its just relaxing with your family or special someone or taking part in any of the great festivals in the area. But with summer just beginning, there are more amazing things in store in Kennebunkport Maine!