On an unseasonably cool day like today, I sit in our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast (while I wait for guests to
check-in, of course!) and daydream about the amazingness of summer in Kennebunkport Maine. And not just for the return of green leaves and sunshine. So here’s today’s list of the top 10 things I can’t wait to enjoy this summer in Kennebunkport Maine:
- Impatiens at the Maine Stay – At our Kennebunkport Inn, Walter’s impatiens are one of the first signals of summer. While these signature white and coral orbs have hung on our wraparound porch for at least 40 years, they never lose their intrigue – plus, you just want to get outside and take a peek!
- Afternoon Naps in the hammock – ‘Nuff said. Seriously, what is better than an outdoor snooze, with the afternoon breeze gently rocking you to sleep?
- The Horse-drawn Carriage – One of the most common questions I get asked by someone making a reservation at our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast is if it is going to be noisy (reminder: we are on Maine Street, not Main Street!). Ummm, no. But in the summertime, the most common thing you’ll here is the clip-clop of the horse-drawn carriage doing loops of the historic district. It’s such a soothing sound that takes you back in time!
- Music on the Patio at One Dock – Every night in the summertime, One Dock Restaurant (part of the Kennebunkport Inn) offers live music, much of it performed outside, so as you stroll through Kennebunkport Maine, jazz music, acoustic guitar, and lovely vocals waft through the air. It’s the perfect accompaniment to … #5!
- Warm Sunsets – While the Pacific coastline might claim the best sunsets in the nation, those in Kennebunkport Maine will give any venue a run for it’s money. But my favorite spot is just steps from our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast – the Dock Square Bridge!
- Volleyball in the backyard – The feel of grass under your feet and good, honest fun with friends, family, and other guests is one of my favorite things about summer at the Maine Stay.
- Outdoor dinners – Grab a lobster to go from Port Lobster or delicious soups and sandwiches from Cape Porpoise Kitchen to enjoy in our spacious back yard, or choose one of the many Kennebunkport restaurants with open-air eating areas. Nothing says “summer” better than that!
- Barefoot walks our GORGEOUS beaches – Kennebunkport Maine is known for its phenomenal coastline, so kick off your shoes and dig your toes into our plentiful (and beautiful) stretches of sand!
- Lobster at Nunan’s – This old-fashioned Lobster Hut screams summer in New England. A lobster there, and you’ll never go anywhere else.
- Breakfast on the Porch – Honestly, this is the best part! Enjoying a gourmet morning meal at our Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast doesn’t get any better than when it’s savored in the fresh sea air.
So when planning your Summer Vacation, make it in Kennebunkport Maine – a quintessential New England Village that’s perfect for exploring or just relaxing!